In a wonderful setting with private lake access
Villa Violino is located in the most coveted part of Lake Como between the famous Villa d´Este hotel in Cernobbio and George Clooney´s residence in Laglio. The villa sits directly on the lake in a beautiful landscaped garden setting, with a private dock and a panoramic terrace with a stunning lake view.
The villa dates back to the beginning of the last century and still belongs to the noble Swiss family that coming on holiday to Lake Como fell in love with the magical landscape and decided to build their Italian holiday home on its shores. In 2008 Villa Violino has been completely renovated and carefully restored retaining many of its original features and balancing them harmoniously with modern comforts. The owners have tastefully furnished and embellished the décor with beautiful furnishings, fine tapestries and fabrics, paintings and period antiques.
Outdoors, the garden and terrace are ideal for al fresco dining. The terrace (70 sqm) faces the lake and you can enjoy the view or sunbathe in privacy. A Jacuzzi spa and also a swimming pool (that can be heated at additional cost) are located in the garden, as well as a ping-pong table and table football. Lake access for swimming is also available.
The convenient location, just a few kilometres from Cernobbio and only 7 km (4.4 miles) from the centre of Como, as well as easy access to public transportation (bus stop is 150 metres from the villa, ferry pier is 400 metres distant), makes Villa Violino an ideal destination for touring Lake Como. From the private dock, guests can rent a boat or use a comfortable water taxi to visit the famous Villa d´Este as well as the charming lake villages Menaggio, Bellagio and Tremezzo. Restaurants and shops are in walking distance. An 18-hole golf course is just 3 km away.
Villa Violino is on three floors with 600 square meters of interior space set on half an acre of walled gardens. As with all the lakeshore villas the lake road is located behind the property: the small loop road is close to the back of the villa so some noise is possible, but the villa has special triple-glazed windows and all the bedrooms except one, as well as the living room and dining room face the lake which minimizes any intrusion. In addition, the road behind the villa loops off the main road and is without trucks in an exclusively villa area without loud businesses of any kind in the immediate neighborhood. The garden is walled on three sides so only the lake side is open. There is a private pedestrian underpass to the parking lot on the other side of the road which is in front of the caretaker’s and owner’s houses.
Our Guests Reviews
Stefania, we want to thank you and Stefano for a most wonderful week in your beautiful villa. What a memorable time for our family made special by your hospitality. We will forever have the fondest memories of our time in the summer of 2022!
2022, Fasano's family
Sehr geehrte Frau Röhrig,
Wir waren letztes Jahr im Mai für 1 Woche mit unseren Gästen in der "Villa Violino" in Moltrasio - einfach umwerfend und wunderbar!!
Dietmar B., Januar 2020
Thank you very much for your help – our team had a great trip in Villa Violino, warm regards,
A. Lones, May 2012
Dear Mrs. Brauer,
Thank you for our pleasant stay at Villa Violino!
T. Kalinina, May 2010
Beautiful setting and comfortable villa with plenty of room
Left on Jun 17, 2010 for a stay in May 2009
Perfect for a summer vacation where out door living is what you want.
We are back from Lake Como and had a great time. Stefano's villa was wonderful and he is a very entertaining and helpful property owner!! We then spent several days in Milan and returned last Tuesday. Many thanks for enabling us to have a wonderful family vacation.
We had a fantastic time at your incredible villa. You were the best and most attentive host and we really appreciate your assistance with all aspects of our stay, especially the wedding. We are driving through Cinque Terre on our way to the airport. We will send photos when we get them!
05-09-2016: Everything worked out perfectly!
I wanted to send our sincere thanks for all you did to make our Villa holidays a great success. Everything worked out perfectly. The Villa is fabulous, Chef Debra is amazing and Stefano is as charming as he is dependable. He handled every request with a smile.
Below is our Girl's Group - they truly loved it and it was their first Villa experience ever. I expect that they will be back for more.
Many thanks, Carol
18-07-2015: We had a faboulous time
House was excellent - we had a fabulous time
- a hand rail to get in and out of the pool would have been helpful - it can be slippery
- needs hand rails either side of entrances
- lower buffers on the boat house - very difficult to avoid damage otherwise
- web site said 10 steps in under pass - it's two lots of ten so 20 in all
- would be helpful to let people take suitcases across the road into the first floor than down and up again - we did ask to leave that way and it was fine
- the web site said cleaning at the end and a change of towels I'd way through - in fact someone came each day and that was brilliant
These aren't really criticisms just observations
We would go back there in a shot and may well do
Thanks for all your help in arranging this
Absolutely perfect for our group of 15
Reviewed by: Sbsheridan from
Reviewed on: 07/15/2017 for their stay in 07/2017
Our proprietor Stephano was so helpful and really tried to make our visit as comfortable as can be. The common out side areas of the house were beautiful and the inside worked beautifully as well.
HoLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 4 x 10m / heated pool
- Jacuzzi tub (heated) for 6 in the garden
- Air conditioning in bedrooms and living room
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV (65 inches)
- DVD player
- Washing machine
- Fridge with freezer
- Electric oven
- Coffee machine
- Barbecue grill
- Private lake access
- Parking for max. 4 normal sized cars
A boat of the owner for 6 people is available at extra charge.
Bus stop 150 m (to Como and Menaggio)
Restaurant, bar, grocery shop 400 m
Ferry 400 m (to Como, Tremezzo, Menaggio, Bellagio, Varenna)
Villa d´Este hotel 1.5 km
Motorway 2 km
Cernobbio 3 km
Como 7 km
Tremezzo 21 km
Bellagio 22 km + 15 min ferry
Lugano 25 km
Menaggio 26 km
Milan 50 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: biking, mountain biking, hiking, boating, paragliding and windsurfing.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Experience regattas with the Cannottieri Moltrasio Yacht Club.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car. 8 Golf courses are within 50 km from the villa: Golf Club Carimate, Golf Club Menaggio & Cadenabbia, Golf Club Lanzo, Golf Club Ponticello, La Pinetina Golf Club, Golf Club le Robinie, Golf Club Villa d'Este, Green Club Lainate.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
Villa Violino measures 600 sqm, develops on three floors plus the basement and is set on a 2000 sqm property.
- 1 entrance
- 1 double living room with period furnishings; French doors open to the terrace
- 1 spacious dining room with fireplace; French doors open to the terrace
- 1 well-equipped modern kitchen with five-burner stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, icemaker, microwave, toaster
- 1 bathroom with shower
- 1 second kitchen with Weber BBQ. The kitchen offers 40 types of wine and champagne available for purchase, and a separate refrigerator for beer (4 types).
Upper floor sleeps 8+1:
- 4 queen bedrooms with lake views
- 1 bathroom with double sinks, Jacuzzi claw-foot tub and separate stall shower with steam and water massage
- 1 marble bathroom with tub
- 1 bathroom with shower and hydro massage; overlooks the terrace
- 1 marble bathroom with Jacuzzi tub
- 1 study room with Internet connection; in this room an extra bed (single bed 105 cm x 200 cm) can be added on request when booking (at extra charge on the premises); lake view (please note that this room is accessed through glass French doors)
Mansard sleeps 8+1 (no lake view from this floor):
- 1 king bedroom (bed cannot be separated) with adjoining single bed (upon request)
- 3 twin bedrooms (beds cannot be joined)
- 1 large bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub
- 1 bathroom with shower
- 1 laundry room with washing machine
- Pool (can be heated), with Roman steps and hydro massage
- Jacuzzi tub (heated) for six (228 x 228 x 92 cm) in the garden
- Large 70 sqm terrace with lake view and BBQ
- Private dock
- Ping-pong table
- Table football
- Parking for 4 cars*
*Guests with walking difficulties should be aware that the parking is not on the same level as the villa entrance. An underpass connects the villa to the caretaker´s house, where the parking is located. The underpass has approximately 10 steps down and then up again.
Upon request, for those having walking difficulties, a single bed can be placed in the living room area on the ground floor (please note that the bathroom with shower at the ground floor is not wheelchair accessible).
28 Sep 2024 - 11 Jan 2025
15890 EUR €
18790 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|06 Jan 2024 - 01 Jun 2024
28 Sep 2024 - 11 Jan 2025
|01 Jun 2024 - 28 Sep 2024
16+1 PAX 16
|15890 EUR €
|18790 EUR €
|Request BookingVilla Violino
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Bath towels changed on Wednesday and Saturday
- Pool towels
- Electricity and air conditioning up to 100 EUR per week
- Heating up to EUR 50 per week
- Internet WIFI connection
- Maid service (3 hours house cleaning per day from Monday to Friday, for rentals longer than one week from Monday to Saturday/except Sundays)
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance 5 days per week
- Electricity and air conditioning (if required): the consumption for the amount of EUR 100 per week is included. Guests pay for usage in excess of EUR 100.
- Heating (if required): the consumption for the amount of EUR 50 per week is included. Guests pay for usage in excess of EUR 50.
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- Pool heating (on request): EUR 200 per week
- Jacuzzi heating (on request): EUR 200 per week
- Telephone: metered
- Two additional beds may be added at extra cost and only with the owner's approval. Extra bed if maximum capacity PAX 16 is exceeded: EUR 300 per person per week, to be paid cash on site.
- Preparation of a single bed in the study room of the first floor is possible: EUR 300 per week.
- Baby bed: EUR 100 per week
EUR 2000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Use of the boat of the owner and boat driver: at extra charge on request
- Additional fresh linen upon request: EUR 20 per set per person
- Cook service for dinners during your stay
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning)
- Laundry service
- Transfer service
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Pool opening dates: May 4th - September 28th
- Save 4%: Book now our special not refundable rate and save 4% on the listed price. If customer pays the full amount upon reservation, he immediately benefits of a 4% discount. In case of cancellation, the entire amount paid will not be refunded. Please note: This offer is not valid for last minute bookings. Please check with us upon booking.
Spacious 19th-century villa in a romantic setting
- Sleeps 16+4 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 8+2 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 500 m2 m2
Historic villa on the shore, a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza
- Sleeps 16+1/23 Guests
- Bedrooms 8/11 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7/9 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 3600 m2 m2