Elegant family mansion on the famous Bolgheri coastline
Unspoilt beaches fringed with dunes are backed by hillsides covered in Mediterranean scrub and olive groves, crested by charming hill-top villages. The reclaimed flatlands where cattle used to roam herded by the local cowboys have today largely been given over to well-husbanded vineyards yielding some of the most prestigious vintages in Italy (Sassicaia, Ornellaia). These are the surroundings of Villa Tomboli, an elegant beach house with private access to the beach and a pool.
The villa was fully refurbished to a very high decorative standard in 2008 and is a marvel of modern technology with air conditioning, heating and lighting and many other conveniences. The house develops over three floors, each bedroom has its own bathroom.
The villa's garden, pergola, terraces and lawns provide a variety of spaces for outdoor living. You will love the huge teak-floored terrace with a pine tree growing through it to the rear of the villa, equipped with comfortable chairs, sofas, loungers and an outside dining table.
The beach is reached by a path leading through a beautiful pineta (umbrella pine-tree grove) belonging to the estate. Guests are given their private key to the path. In the dunes behind the beach stands a cabana for picknicks, with table, sunbeds, and a shower. The housekeeper can prepare the picknick hampers while the caretaker will carry them to the beach.
Standing in an unspoilt tract of typical Tuscan seaside pine forest, this villa is just perfect for a great family holiday.
Have a swim in the private pool located at the far end of the garden.
Although the setting is very private (4 acres of grounds), there is a 2-bedroom apartment with its own access and its own garden (Casa Limona / also featured in our portfolio) that is available for rent separately, located in the south looking basement of the Villa Tomboli (during high season Casa Limona is available only as extension of the villa). Also on the grounds is the housekeeper's cottage. She has worked for the family for many years and provides daily maid service. On the ground floor of the housekeeper`s cottage is another small rental (Casa Pineta / also featured in our portfolio). Furthermore there are two houses, each for 8 people (Villa Loggiata and Villa La Palma / also featured in our portfolio).
Villa Tomboli is within easy walking distance of restaurants, shops, playgrounds and sports facilities. You can visit the surrounding hilltop towns and Pisa, Castagneto Carducci, Massa Marittima, Volterra, Elba, Florence are in daytrip distance.
What you should know: In June, July, August and September you can hear music from the nearby campsites (every day either during the day or in the evening, until midnight at the latest). This has disturbed some of our guests, even though the large majority have not objected.
The Tomboli estate is the summer residence of a well known Florentine aristocratic family. This marvellous stretch of land which runs along the famous Maremma coastline lies one hour south of Pisa very close to the famous village of Bolgheri which The New York Times ranked 11th out of 44 places to go in 2009.
This is what the New York Times wrote: "Four words: George Clooney was here. The Italian coast of Maremma, a raw landscape of pebbled beaches in southern Tuscany, has, for some years, been the summer playground of Italian and English aristocrats. But now the beau monde is all abuzz about Mr. Clooneys visit; he rented the 16th-century Montepergoli villa in the village of Bolgheri. And Bulgari is reportedly looking at the coastline for a resort. A clubby waterfront bar in San Vincenzo, or the two Michelin-star restaurant next door, Gambero Rosso, which the estimable food critic of Le Figaro, François Simon, once called his favorite restaurant in the world."
Our Guests Reviews
HoLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 7 x 14m, depth 1.40m
- Air conditioning in each bedroom and living room
- Internet WIFI connection
- Apple TV
- Bluetooth loudspeaker
- Washing machine and dryer
- Large fridge and large freezer
- Stove with oven
- Electric kettle
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Plug-in device against mosquitoes in each bedroom
- Hair dryer in each bedroom
- Barbecue grill
- Beach access
- Car park for 8 cars with automatic illumination
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Next bar/restaurant 400 m
Village Marina di Bibbona with a supermarket etc. 3 minutes (1.9 km)
Bolgheri 10 minutes
San Vicenzo, where you can rent a private boat to go to Elba island 20 minutes
Thalasso Spa resort Castagneto Carducci 20 minutes
Populonia 25 minutes
Baratti 25 minutes
Casale Marittimo 25 minutes
Guardistallo 25 minutes
Hot Spas Venturina 30 minutes
Pisa 1 hour
Lucca 1 hour
Volterra 1 hour
Massa Marittima 1 hour
San Gimignano 1 hour
Piombino, where you can catch a ferry to Elba 30 minutes
Florence 1.5 hours
Siena 1.5 hours
Rome 3.5 hours
Beaches: The coast between Livorno and Piombino is a succession of famous resorts and well-maintained clean beaches, many of which have been awarded Europe’s Blue Flag various times.
It is here that Bolgheri DOC wines are produced - world-class wines such as Sassicaia, Guado al Tasso and Ornellaia as well as numerous others of the highest quality. This "Eldorado of Italian wine" as it has been called, is the result of nature's generosity, the climate and the talent of its wine makers. Bolgheri has become one of the most interesting and gifted areas in the whole universe of wine thanks to some illuminated personages, among such as Mario Incisa della Rocchetta, the oenologist Giacomo Tachis and the Marchesi Piero and Lodovico Antinori. The experimental use of "international" grape varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and the constant research for innovation and quality has attracted the interest and support of the best world wine critics such as Veronelli, Marvin Shenker and well know national and international wine producers.
Where there is great wine there tends to be great food and the Gambero Rosso, voted the best restaurant in Italy and with 2 Michelin stars, is in one of the seaside resorts along the coast.
Massa Marittima: Here, in one of Etruria's oldest and most prosperous communities, the same minerals that were extracted 2,500 years ago are still being mined. The first miner's code in Europe was drawn up here in 1310. Three years earlier, the graceful Romanesque-Gothic cathedral was completed. Decorated with three orders of arches and slender columns supported by lion-headed capitals, it stands on a steep flight of stairs above the square that contains Massa's medieval buildings, an architectural grouping characteristic of 13th-century Tuscan cities: the travertine Palazzo Pretoria of 1230 with its escutcheons of former mayors, the Palazzo Communale, formed of three crenelated tower-houses and decorated with frescoes, among them a Lorenzetti Madonna.
Castagneto Carducci: An enchanting medieval village built around the Gherardesca Castle. In 1907 the name of this municipality was changed in honour of poet Giosuè Carducci who spent a year here with his family. The medieval castle has been enriched in time and offers stunning views of the valley. Each spring Castagneto is the venue for a major gourmet festival which attracts enthusiasts from all over Italy.
The Parks of the Val di Cornia: The parks stretch along the coastal strip opposite the Island of Elba. The various archaeological and natural sites of the Parks make this area an interesting alternative to the traditional tourist destinations: a place where nature and archaeology converge to let you discover the charm of the "Toscana Minore". More information on www.parchivaldicornia.it
Everyone knows the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but the city of Pisa is not just the Tower, nor the marvellous Piazza dei Miracoli . Some of the less-visited attractions include one of Pisa’s oldest churches, San Paolo a Ripa d’Arno located in the middle of a magnificent garden by the river Arno. The Sinopias Museum with its magnificent collection of fresco sketches. Don’t miss a walk on Le Piagge, a tree-lined boulevard running along the river , beginning at Ponte della Vittoria and ending at Ponte delle Bocchette. It is very popular among the locals, Le Piagge makes for a nice off-the-beaten-path walk in Pisa, and a perfect way to discover Pisa away from the crowds of the main sites. More information on www.pisaunicaterra.it
An excellent Spa - The Tombolo Talasso Resort belonging to the Antinori family - lies in the next village.
Sports: There is a sports club with olympic sized pool, tennis courts, volley ball court. 4 golf courses can be reached from here. The most famous, the 18 hole Punta Ala golf club is at a 50 minute drive. The area is excellent for biking. Many champions come here to do their training. You can hire bicicles in the next village. Windsurf/Sailing/Boat Rental (catamaran, canoe, pedalo, sailing boat) in the nearby sea side resort Cecina, lessons for children and adults.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- 1 large living and dining room
- 1 kitchen
- 1 WC
- 1 laundry
- 1 morning and evening terrace
- 6 double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- 2 terraces
Second floor (mansard):
- 1 playroom for children
- 1 kitchen corner
- 1 bathroom (WC and shower)
- Private pool with sunbeds, a shower and a toilet
- Landscaped garden with irrigated lawns, planted with local trees, shrubs and herbs
- Large wooden deck in front of living room with comfortable chairs and dining table
The beach is reached through a pine grove belonging to the estate. In the dunes behind the beach stands a cabana for picknicks with table, fridge, sunbeds and a shower. You can leave your beach equipment here during your stay as the cabana can be locked.
21 Sep 2024 - 26 Oct 2024
14 Dec 2024 - 04 Jan 2025
11890 EUR €
31 Aug 2024 - 21 Sep 2024
13890 EUR €
18150 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|06 Apr 2024 - 01 Jun 2024
21 Sep 2024 - 26 Oct 2024
14 Dec 2024 - 04 Jan 2025
|01 Jun 2024 - 15 Jun 2024
31 Aug 2024 - 21 Sep 2024
|15 Jun 2024- 31 Aug 2024
12+2 PAX 12
|11890 EUR €
|13890 EUR €
|18150 EUR €
|Request BookingVilla Tomboli
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Internet WIFI connection
- Breakfast service from Monday to Saturday is included: The housekeeper will prepare breakfast when she arrives in the morning. Ingredients and beverages are not included; the shopping of the ingredients has to be done by the guests (no charge for preparation of the breakfast).
- Baby bed with linen and high chair available. Baby bed can be booked for children up to their 2nd birthday: free of charge.
- Maid service (6 hours house cleaning per day 6 days per week from Monday to Saturday)
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Should you have rented your house for more than 1 week, the house will be cleaned on Saturdays and the linen will be changed.
- Groceries for the breakfast: the shopping of the ingredients has to be done by the guests (no charge for preparation of the breakfast).
- Air conditioning (if requested): EUR 72 + VAT per day
- Heating (if required): EUR 300 per week
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- Additional bed if maximum capacity PAX 12 is exceeded (to be requested when booking): price on request.
- Pets (only upon special request and subject to size and manners): EUR 50 per dog/week
- Tourist tax: municipality charges each person above 14 years of age a daily EUR 1 visitor’s tax from May 1st to September 15th. You will be asked to pay this tax upon arrival, the owners will then proceed to pass it on to the municipality.
Guests are asked to make a security deposit of EUR 2000 (credit card pre-authorisation held by the agency). At the end of the stay the credit card pre-autorisation will be cancelled, unless it has to be used partly or fully for any damage.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning, washing and ironing): EUR 25 per hour
- Arrival grocery shopping: EUR 50 plus the cost of ingredients
- Typical Tuscan meal on your first evening, after a long trip: A delicious dinner served in the evening of your arrival, prepared by Giulietta, the cook of the estate. The cook is paid EUR 25 per hour on the basis of time spent shopping, cooking and cleaning plus grocery purchase costs payable upon presentation of a note of time spent and shopping receipts. We will provide a list of menus at the time of booking, if requested. Please book the arrival dinner at least one week prior to your arrival.
- Cook for lunch and/or dinners: The cook is available to prepare lunch and/or dinner twice a week. She is paid EUR 25 per hour on the basis of time spent shopping, cooking, laying the table and cleaning plus grocery purchase costs.
Dinners will be served at table between 7pm and 9pm.
Meals are to be paid directly to the cook at the end of the week, upon presentation of a note of hours and shopping receipts. You may be asked for a float depending on the level of expenses incurred. If guests are more than 6 people the cook will need help for serving and cleaning. The kitchen help will be charged with EUR 20 per hour. Please book the cook at least 24 hours in advance.
- Extra set of bed linen: EUR 20
- Extra set of towels: EUR 15
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station: The cost is EUR/kWh 0.50. Guests are given a personal card which registers the amount of kWh, to be paid at the end of the stay.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: beginning of May - end of September
Modern summer villa with beautiful views over the countryside and the sea
- Sleeps 14 Guests
- Bedrooms 7 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 8+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 400 m2 m2
Exclusive villa with pool, tennis court and private beach access
- Sleeps 14 Guests
- Bedrooms 7 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 6 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 420 m2 m2
Beautiful villa in a prime setting with private sea access
- Sleeps 11 Guests
- Bedrooms 6 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 5 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 360 m2 m2